I’m running a 90 Day Fitness Challenge that can really help you reach your goals in 2011! It will also have an accountability system to keep you on track. This challenged is geared to help you get the results you want!
There will also be rewards! First, complete the challenge and the reward is a NEW YOU! Next, at the end of the 90 days one of you will win the grand prize which will be your choice of a copy of Insanity, P90X or Chalean Extreme!
The challenge will start Jan. 15th and run until tax day of April 15. Everyone who is in must email me at HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com by Jan. 12th to say they are in the challenge to be entered for the grand prize! Included in subject line of the email ”I’m In the challenge” and include in your email your Day 1 photos and measurements! I won’t show them to anyone, we just will keep them on file. You can enter the challenge after Jan. 12 and will only be eligible to win one of the bonus rewards at the 30, 60, 90 day marks.
The Challenge will include 3 parts:
A Fitness Program
A Clean Eating Program
An Accountability Portion
Official Rules will be posted on this page!
Note: There will be bonuses available throughout the 90 day challenge, additional rewards will be given at the 30 day, 60 day and 90 day mark.
1. Email me at HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com by Jan. 12th with the subject “I’m in the Challenge”. The email must include your day 1 photos (front, side and rear view) and your day 1 measurements.
2. Everyone is welcome to join the challenge! Only my customers can win one of the prizes. You can become one of my free customers by clicking here.
3. You will have to follow the 3 phases of the program: Fitness, Clean Eating, Accountability. Each phase has a set of “To Do’s” to keep you on track and to qualify you for the challenge.
4. No purchase is necessary. Any fitness program you are doing will count (as per the fitness phase) in the program. If you currently do not have a fitness program, I highly recommend that you check out one of the fitness programs on my website by clicking here to get started. Please look around the site and see which program might be best for you, but feel free to email me and we can discuss your goals, commitment, type of program… so we can get you one that really works.
5. You will gain points for certain things in the challenge. One way to gain points is to refer a friend into the challenge. So, why not get your co-workers, family,… all on track with you for 2011! Simply forward this post to a friend and have them email me and say they are in! Make sure your friend mentions your name, so you get the bonus points! Remember, the challenge starts Jan. 15th, everyone including your referrals must be registered to get started on Jan. 12.
- To keep gaining referral points throughout the challenge, you can continue to refer a friend into the challenge at any time. They will be eligible to win a 30, 60 or 90 day bonus rewards. Only those that are in the challenge for all 90 days will win the grand prize of a workout (P90X, Insanity, or Chalean Extreme).
Fitness Challenge Phase:
1. You must workout 6 days a week for a min. of 30 minutes per week. (Any fitness program you will be doing will be fine.) Your fitness program should be a combination of Cardio and Resistance Training to get the best results.
Each 30 minute workout will be 1 point in our challenge. NOTE: I do not recommend doing more then 1 workout a day if your a beginner. To keep the challenge fair, we will max out at 2 points a day. Meaning, if you did an hour workout that equals 2 points. If you do 2 hours of running as an example, you will still only get 2 points.
2. One rest day or easy stretch day is required to allow your body to recover. You can get 1 point for 1 rest day. Any more then 1 rest day is 0 points.
3. You must log your workout into WOWY, so we can verify that your workout was completed. (We meaning me, I’m the judge and jury!) You can learn how to log into WOWY by clicking here. Please make sure I have your screen name and that we are buddies. My screen name in WOWY is WhyWait.
4. You will be emailed a journal that you will use during the challenge. You must keep your journal up to date and it must be emailed to me each week on Sunday, by midnight. On this journal, you must log your workout and state if you logged into WOWY.
Maximum Points you can achieve for the fitness challenge. Assuming you do 6 workouts a week, each one hour and 1 rest day – 13 points.
Clean Eating Phase:
This is inspired by a good friend of mine. If you adhere to these guidelines, you will see big changes. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF little slips here and there. But if you fall, pick yourself up again. It’s consistency and not perfection that gets you to your ideal body!
PART I of II: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
1. You EAT CLEAN 3 meals a day, six times a week. YOU GET ONE CHEAT MEAL PER WEEK, NOTTTT a CHEAT DAY. You must log each meal for each day into the journal! Each Clean Meal + 1 Cheat Meal is worth 5 points. (A clean meal is described below.) Each “cheat” meal above the one allowed is – 5 points! ONE CHEAT MEAL PER WEEK. PERIOD.
2. You get 2 clean snacks a day. Each clean snack is 2 points. Each cheat snack is -5 points. (Clean foods are described below) No additional cheat snacks.
3. NO ALCOHOL DURING CHALLENGE PERIOD. YUP! If you do drink, not it on your meal plan and take an additional -5 points to your day.
4. You should drink 8 glasses of water a day. 1 point will be issued for each glass you drink! These must be noted on your journal!
Your food journal will be included on the same journal as your fitness log noted above and will be emailed to you when your ready to start.
5. Maximum points for Clean Eating = 27 points. But, you can go negative up to 19 points if you do not eat clean meals!
PART II of II: EATING CLEAN DEFINED
1: You eat 4 to 6 small meals per day, ideally breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. That means that you are eating every 2 to 3 hours.Your body needs to be fueled. Eating only breakfast, lunch, and dinner is not okay.
2. You eat at least 1250 calories (unless you are less than 5 feet tall). I am putting this down because this challenge is about eating clean and being healthy, not about starving yourself. A few people have asked me if I eat very low calories. For the record, I eat about 1800 to 2000 calories per day these days!
If you need a meal plan, email me. If you are Beachbody Club Member, you can print one out. If you want to take the guess workout out of meal planning, you can become a Beachbody Club Member and have all your meals planned for you! To learn more or to join the club, click here. It’s up to you to substitute foods from Michi’s Ladder. I’m super busy guys, so please don’t ask me to figure this stuff out for you.
To get a sample meal plan – click here.
3: This is more like a guideline than a rule. You follow something close to a 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat diet. For those of you doing carb manipulation or following a special plan for diabetics, that’s fine, too. Again, I just don’t want folks to think they are eating clean if they eat 4 bowls of cereal per day. Your meals have to be balanced.
4: This is the real challenge part: YOU EAT ONLY FROM THE TOP 2 TIERS of MICHI’S LADDER 6 DAYS A WEEK. That means that you cannot have bagels for breakfast nor frozen yogurt for a snack. Top 2 tiers. Period. To get a copy of Michi’s Ladder, click here. (I see that bagels are now in the top two tiers. I would stay away from them, but if they are in the top two tiers you can have it.)
If you are not a FREE BeachBody community member or my free customer you can joining as a free customer, see general rule #2 above. This will give you access to Michi’s Ladder. I will also become your free coach.
NOTE: When I first came up with this challenge, I was afraid that it would be too restrictive. But, our results speak for themselves. That said, this is the challenge and these are the rules. If you accept to enter it, then you also accept to enter the NO WHINING ZONE!
Another NOTE: If you are prone to having eating issues or tend to get too obsessive with food, perhaps this challenge is not for you. You might do better to stick to something less restrictive.
**** ADDENDUM: Shakeology, Recovery drink, protein supplements, coffee, natural almond/peanut butter, and almond milk are ALLOWED. *******
After resistance workouts I have a meal replacement shake. It can be SHAKEOLOGY or another kind of meal replacement.
Since we want you to reach your goals, we want you to have a partner in the process. They say if you have someone that is going through the program with you, then you will get the best results! Therefore, we made part of this challenge to pair up with someone! Here is how it works. You will have the same partner for 30 days! After 30 days, you will be given a new partner! If your partner drops out, you will be given a new partner, no worries.
1. You must check in with your accountability success partner once a day. You choose the method you talk: email, text, phone. You just say- hey I worked out and ate clean! Or admit your struggles! You will be surprised, we all have the same struggles, but having someone to pull you up and push you alone will be a huge key to success! Plus, when your up, your partner may need your help. One day, you may need their help! You must log on your journal that you checked in with your partner! 1 point for each daily check in!
2. To really succeed, if you want even more group support you can join my 12 week fitness/clean eating challenge on Facebook. Just click here. Please post as much as you can for results and to push you, your partner and everyone else in the challenge. No points for posting, this is just a super supportive tool for success!
Bonus Points For Bonus Rewards
We all have slip ups here and there, a bad meal or a missed workout. So to help, we are giving some bonus points to help you make up for a few slip ups.
1. Refer a friend. Each person you refer, who enters our challenge per these rules, you will be given 1 point! Note, if they enter before Jan. 12th, they can go for the grand prize. If they enter after Jan. 12, they can go for the points for the 30, 60, 90 day points bonus awards only.
2. Sleep is very important to a healthy fitness/weight loss program. Therefore, if you get 7 hours a sleep a you can 1 bonus point.
3. If you submit your journal on Sunday by midnight, you can get 1 point.
4. At day 30, 60 and 90 you must submit updated photos and measurements. You will get 1 point for each of these submittals.
5. These bonus points can really add up if you take advantage of the refer a friend part. Your friend must commit to the same challenge rules to be set here. You will get the bonus after they submit their first weekly journal.
What will you get after completing this 90 day challenge?
1. You will get a NEW FITTER HEALTHIER YOU! Isn’t that reward itself?
2. Grand Prize: For those that start on Jan. 15 and who complete all the rules (submit the weekly journals,day 1, 30, 60, 90 day pictures/measurements) can be entered into grand prize. You can win a new fitness program of your choice (up to $120 value) for either P90X, Chalean Extreme or Insanity! (I will work with you if you would like another program in the same price range.)
Since this is a fitness challenge, it will be based on the best transformation story! My husband and I will be the judges and we will use your before/after photos and measurements to determine the winner! It’s not all about weight loss, it could be most flab to most ripped? We would like to share the transformation winner’s photos with the group at the end with your permission! We will modify these rules, if and only if all participants agree. We can open up the judging to everyone that entered the challenge and have them vote on the best transformation. But, I said I would not share photos (ok, my husband will be my co-judge) I will not do this unless everyone agrees at day 90!
A tie breaker, will be based on the person with the most points!
3. Bonus 30, 60, and 90 day rewards.
This will be issued to the person with the most points at the end of the month.
The bonus reward will be a free Shakeology Cleanse Pack. A $45 value!
Rewards will be based on your final point tally issued on these dates:
Day 30 on February 15. (note, a mid week journal will need to be submitted onto help with the monthly tallies)
Day 60 on March 15
Day 90 on April 15 same as the Grand Prize!
4. In case of a tie of the above, it will be based on who submitted their journal sheet to me (via email) the first on the day they are due.
Other notes: This is my challenge. No whining, complaining, arguing… I make the rules! I will be fair and honest and only expect the same from you! This challenge is to help you reach your goals. So be honest with yourself, me and your partner. You are only cheating yourself otherwise! I have the right to kick anyone out of the challenge if I feel that it comes to that. Note, existing Beachbody Coaches are allowed to enter the challenge but are not eligible for prizes. You can become a coach during the challenge and will be eligible for the 90 day reward if you started with us on Jan. 15.